Monday, January 18, 2010

Process

More process pictures!

The original photograph, taken from Waterloo Bridge on my last full day in London: the Thames River, the London Eye, Parliament and Big Ben there in the background, and the Royal Festival Hall where the London Philharmonia plays.

The carbon paper transfer of my pencil sketch onto watercolor paper, and the very beginnings of the watercolor wash for the sky and river.

The watercolor washes of the sky, water, and sand.

Starting to add some details: windows of the Royal Festival Hall, the silhouette of Big Ben, the staircase down to the beach.

Adding more detail: reflections on the water, skin, etc.

Adding more and more detail.

And finally adding inking around the edges of the watercolor panels.

Now that I'm back at school, the countdown has begun: I've got until April to paint 50 more pages, design a cover, and get this thing printed and bound. A daunting task, but I think I'm up to the challenge. (But encouraging comments are always welcome. Heehee.) See you next time!

1 comment:

  1. Brianna Collins. You impress me every day (but you must already know that). This is going to be the most awesome project come presentation day - I will be sporting a beard that is appropriate for the magnitude of your success.

    ReplyDelete