Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

Happy 2010 everyone!

I apologize for the large gap in posting last month. December is a tough month time-wise, what with finals and the holidays. But the holidays brought with them a wealth of new, inspiring graphic novels for me to dig into: Chicken With Rice by the always-wonderful Marjane Satrapi, the first two hardback volumes of Y: The Last Man by Brian Vaughan and Pia Guerra, and the long-coveted travelogue by Craig Thompson, Carnet de Voyage. I also got a sketch diary entitled The Principles of Uncertainty by Maira Kalman. Lots of reading material with which to start out the new year.

2010 will see the completion of my as-yet-unnamed graphic novel, which will be a big accomplishment for me. It's crazy to think that in just five months, all the work that has gone into it will have yielded something real, tangible, published. And all of the steps leading up to that will be documented here, so keep an eye out as the year progresses. I've started transferring pages to watercolor paper via carbon paper (old school, I know) but I'm taking a bit of a break to spend time with family and friends for holiday/New Years festivities. I hope you all are enjoying a little relaxing time yourselves.

Here's to a happy and productive 2010!




No comments:

Post a Comment