Friday, September 18, 2009

Cheers!

Hello and welcome to my blog.  If you're here, chances are you already know about me and my project, but just in case...

Me:
Hi!  My name is Brianna.  Originally from the Philadelphia area, I am a senior at Syracuse University majoring in Communications Design and minoring in creative writing.  I am also in the Honors Program, which requires an in-depth thesis project senior year.  

My project:
I spent spring semester of my junior year studying design in London, and visited several other cities while over there.  While there, I sketched, took photographs and video, wrote, and just absorbed as much as I could.  This was all in preparation for my Capstone, which I decided (with some encouragement) should be a graphic novel based on my experiences abroad.  Why a graphic novel?  Well, two reasons.  One, my major is design, so while it would be more expected of me to do a more design-oriented project, Honors Capstone is an opportunity to explore something in-depth that you don't normally get to do.  Two, I am a huge nerd.  So combine those two, and you get my ambition to write, illustrate, and publish my own graphic novel.

My blog:
This blog is for updates on my year-long process of writing, editing, sketching, inking, coloring, publishing, reminiscing, and sharing.  Not all of it will be strictly process-driven-- I will also post about my inspirations, my time abroad, anecdotes, and anything else I feel is relevant to the project overall.  Comments, questions, and encouragement are welcome and appreciated.  I will be updating once a week, if not more, so keep an eye out for upcoming posts.

That's about all for now.  Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. We are eagerly awaiting the first of the process. In boca del lupo!

    ReplyDelete